Tetley Video – feedback and refinements

I exported the video as a first edit and sent this to Sharon, to see if any changed needed to be made.

ImageImageImage

In summary she suggested:

  • to correct the bleached out shots – there were a few of these which were filmed on a higher ISO and looked out of place.
  • the music – too corporate
  • anything to tweak Marianne’s voice

Refinements

  • The music was the best royal free track we could find but I looked again on Jamendo to see if I could find anything better, and came up with another alternative. In my opinion it didn’t really work that well with the video again, but I created a duplicate sequence and added the new track anyway, so there were two versions for Sharon to choose from.
  • I then used video effects to correct the bleached out footage, tweaking the contrast and brightness.
  • I found there wasn’t much I could do to improve the voiceover so decided to just leave it.

I exported this new version and sent it to Sharon for more feedback.

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 16.34.45

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 16.35.04

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 16.35.28

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 16.35.42

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 16.35.51

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 16.35.58

In summary:

  • Neither song works that well, the original one is better, so they will go with that.
  • Marianne’s interview could be improved by adding in background noise from the event – the problem with this is that for most of the event we didn’t record sound as the microphone was turned off (not a good idea). This means we will have to take the background noise from other shots and put it over the whole video.
  • They want to have the voxpops that we filmed both edited and exported separately on their own, and as one file together with filler shots. I have already edited them as one file with cut aways to relevant shots, so it will be a simple task just to break them into two videos.

Refinements

  • Choosing the original edit with the first song, I went and found clips with background noise. I copied the audios and pasted them under all the clips. The problem with this, was that although the audio was ambitious and so went with the clips, the footage cut at different times to the audio so it wasn’t in sync. This meant I had to go back and cut the audios in time with the clips which was very time consuming. Once this was done however, it did improve the film and made it look less corporate which is what the tutors wanted.

I exported this and sent it to Sharon.

  • I then went to the voxpop sequence, and separated it down into just the two interviews on their own. I exported both of these as well as the sequence with the filler shots. I left these without music, as it wasn’t needed.

I sent the 3 videos (2 separate interviews and 1 combined edit) to the tutors so they could use whichever version they wanted for publicity and the conference.

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 17.16.24

The feedback I received on this was generally positive. They still didn’t like the first song but it was preferred, and they can change this themselves for future publicity if I give them all the video files, for publicity in the future. One alteration Sharon wanted me to make, was to boost Marianne’s audio, and reduce the music, to make it clearer.

However when I went back to edit this, the audio was saved as one layer (both music and voiceover) so I couldn’t edit these separately.

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 17.25.10

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 17.25.25

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s