After trying out interviews in different styles, I want to asses how I can build on what I have learnt, and how I can improve:
- Try being IN the interview : let someone else film me, so I can practice engaging in full dialogue. That way I also don’t have to worry about editing my voice out (which often left the answers making little sense).
- Make the person comfortable and relaxed, especially in chat-show style interviews. Make eye contact, be friendly.
- Respond to what they are saying, don’t just read questions off of the sheet.
- When debating, make sure the person knows what they are going to be talking about, so their answers are better planned.
- In debate, try not to give very complicated replies, and this might lead to waffly, long-winded answers.
- Try to minimise examples used by the person, so they do not stray from their original point.